Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Objective Wall


Today was my first day of the 2013-2014 school year. It was wonderful, as usual. My voice is very tired and my feet are very sore and I keep looking at the clock to see if it's acceptable to go to bed yet. But, I wouldn't trade these inconveniences for the world! I love my job wholeheartedly!


Over the summer I decided to create an objective wall to keep me accountable in creating meaningful lessons for my students and to keep track of how my students are progressing through the material. You can get a copy of it here in my TpT store.


I laminated them and hung them on my wall in the front of my classroom. The funny thing is, the 4th grade sister of one of my students suggested to me on Orientation Night that these were crooked. They are...slightly. But remember, I'm a lazy perfectionist...and this definitely falls into that category. :) My plan is to have the objectives up the night before...we'll see how it goes. So far I'm two for two!

I introduced this wall to my class today as we went through each subject. They did an excellent job with them. It was a great way for me to assess what they learned as we went along. The students seemed genuinely interested in what the plan was for the day. I have some students who struggle with motivation, so I'm hoping this helps them see the purpose in what I'm teaching them. We shall see.




3 comments:

  1. I love your objectives wall! That is so funny that a student suggested they are crooked! :) That sister is going to be quite the perfectionist! haha!! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I would have told her she must have been looking at them with her head tilted ;) Good grief one is lightly crooked by like 3 degrees!! I really like how you have the subjects on the side ~ very fresh. Happy new school year!
    ~ Kristin
    this old art room . blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippy!! Another PA Blogger! I am a proud new follower! Please stop by my blog, follow, and possibly sign up for the August/September LIFT Package Teacher Exchange! I look forward to future posts! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ~Kimberly
    LIFTPackages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...