Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Peek at My Week (8-25)

 

I'm linking up with the new linky party at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at My Week.

1.) I'm starting in-service tomorrow. It's going to be a looooong day with teacher meetings in the morning and insurance meetings in the afternoon. Let's just say it's a good thing I now have a smart phone and we get free lunch. ; )

2.) My husband and I may have to buy a new car this week. The scooter he bought to replace his car in order to save on gas, insurance, inspections, etc. shucked out on his way to work tonight. Perfect timing, eh? We really must have two cars because we both live too far from work to walk, and our schedules never mesh. Sigh. Maybe I should move to China where cars aren't generally needed in the big cities. It has been one car problem after another this year. Good news is, I might have to beg off the insurance meetings so I can take my husband to work or he can drop me at home. Fingers crossed!

3.) My classroom is almost ready for Orientation Night on Tuesday. The main thing I have left is filling half of a bulletin board at the back of my room. I want it to be for Language Arts, but I really don't know what would be the most efficient use of the space. I was thinking of leaving space to hang anchor charts there because I don't have wall space for that, but that seems kind of boring. Any suggestions? I've been searching, but nothing has hit me over the head yet.

4.) I've also been trying to come up with a good back-to-school gift for my students. I did have an idea, but I was afraid this year's crop of students would misread the cutesy saying I was attaching to it. They tend to have less-than-innocent minds I'm afraid. :( Any suggestions?


6 comments:

  1. Hi! We are on the hunt for a new car too! Except the car is for me and I'm getting some of the bells and whistles that I've wanted to have for awhile, such as a sun roof and leather seats...would be curious to know what you have in mind :) I hope you enjoy your upcoming week!
    Jenn
    Doodling Around in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jenn! We still don't know what we're looking for, which is terrible because my husband is a research maniac, and I don't know if he'll be able to research enough to his satisfaction.

      Delete
  2. I really dislike having to shop for a new car...they never break when it's convenient, do they?

    This year, I am giving glow stick bracelets to my students with a card attached that says "Get Ready to Glow." You can pick up the label for free in my TpT store if you'd like. I like that the glow sticks are inexpensive and easy to manage.

    Thanks for linking up! I hope to see you again next Sunday. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on the back to school gift idea!

      Delete
  3. ugh I hate car shopping too! I hate trying to sell a car even worse though but luckily ?!? I've written off my last three cars so haven't had to sell them haha! (No they weren't all my fault... for example one car was written off by a 90 year old woman who ploughed into me!)


    I've just found you through the linky and started following along :) I teach year six in New Zealand so it's always exciting to find other bloggers with slightly older kids!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Serena! I agree, selling a car is much, much worse!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...